I’ve been negligent in my linking duties around here lately. Chalk it up to a summer of adventure.
And now, some of the backlog:
– Democracy is not a steady-state condition.
– The Boston Marathon bomber, Trayvon Martin, image, physicality, criminality: what does it mean to “look like a monster”, anyway?
– Taking stock of the two-state solution.
– A morning-after HIV pill exists.
– Remember when big-box booksellers (Borders, Barnes & Noble) were the bad guys, destroying independent booksellers? Well, now that the independents have stabilized as a niche market and Amazon has wiped out both Borders and most of the ambiance of book-buying, paeans to the spirit of Barnes & Noble are a thing.
– There is lead in hot sauce. You will pry my Tapatio out of my cold, dead, lead-crazed hands.
– Feminism 101.
– Edward Snowden and the NSA: how we talk about his actions (and what that implies about the legality of the NSA’s program); the woman who got the word out on his behalf; and an overview from an ally.
0 thoughts on “Duly Noted”